Bitcoin
$ 32,750
Ethereum
$ 1,981.7
Litecoin
$ 134.50
okex ads

Vitalik Buterin Burns 90% SHIB Tokens. Could this take Shiba Inu to the Moon?

Shortly after donating 50 trillion SHIB tokens (worth around $1.2 billion at the time) to India Covid-19 Relief Fund, Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin burned 90% of his Shiba Inu coin (SHIB) holdings worth $6.7 billion.

Buterin was gifted half of SHIB’s total supply in recent weeks, in what appeared to be a marketing stunt. The creators of the tokens believe that this process could legitimize and protect SHIB’s circulation.

The crypto billionaire burned over 41% of the SHIB coin, by sending a trove of over 410 trillion tokens to a dead blockchain address late on Sunday. The amount destroyed equates to almost half of the total Shiba Inu in circulation.

Along with the transaction, Buterin attached a note stating: ““I’ve decided to burn 90% of the remaining shiba tokens in my wallet. The remaining 10% will be sent to a (not yet decided) charity with similar values to cryptorelief (preventing large-scale loss of life) but with a more long-term orientation.”

The Ethereum co-founder added “But for anyone making coins or daos in the future, please do not give me coins or power in your project without my consent. I don’t *want* to be a locus of power of that kind. Better to just print the coins into the hands of a worthy charity directly.”

Labelling itself a “DOGE killer,” SHIB has seen a price increase of nearly 900% in the last two weeks, culminating in an all-time high of $0.00003791 May 10 and listings on major exchanges such as Binance and Huobi.

Amid the burn of the SHIB tokens, Shiba Inu price experienced a small bump to $0.00001880 according to CoinGecko but immediately pulled back with over 40% with a local high of $0.000016. Many speculators suggested that Buterin’s transaction could be the fuel that could send Shiba Inu to the moon.

Source: coindesk

 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Newsletter

Subscribe To Newsletter

For updates and exclusive offers, enter your e-mail below.

Popular Posts

Beam is about to unlock true confidentiality and privacy for DeFi.
June 21, 2021By
Centralized Crypto Exchanges’ Trading Volumes Surpassed $2 Trillion in May
June 21, 2021By
TDeFi incubates Vanilla Network
June 21, 2021By

Advertisement

Video Posts

In
Economic Inclusion And Social Impact Of 4IR
May 21, 20210
In
Flash Listing On Mandala Exchange
May 15, 20210

Crypto Stats


CryptoCurrencyUSDChange 1hChange 24hChange 7d
Bitcoin32,750 0.14 % 5.75 % 16.34 %
Ethereum1,981.7 0.62 % 7.12 % 21.29 %
Tether0.9993 0.22 % 0.40 % 0.01 %
Binance Coin304.94 0.14 % 6.80 % 16.51 %
Cardano1.290 1.41 % 7.48 % 17.50 %
XRP0.6714 0.94 % 9.02 % 24.23 %
Dogecoin0.2220 1.51 % 19.58 % 31.70 %
USD Coin0.9993 0.09 % 0.49 % 0.74 %
Polkadot17.68 0.39 % 11.59 % 19.94 %
Binance USD1.000 0.46 % 0.43 % 0.42 %

You have not selected any currencies to display