Non-fungible Tokens, also known as NFTs, have become one of the most groundbreaking, revolutionary, and possibly the most interesting things about cryptocurrency. There are still multiple debates, scepticism, and biases surrounding the existence of NFT but we can still firmly say that the blockchain asset will surely remain a going concern in the crypto-world.
Since its inception, NFTs have made way, like a smart underdog, into several other industries wooing the right people and using the right frontrunners to push more NFT projects and agendas. NFTs have made their way into the gaming industry, the sporting industry, the art industry, the metaverse, and a whole other pack of internet-based giants. Reddit recently just launched its marketplace and Netflix has started to make some headlines about having an NFT thing going for them too. A true underdog.
Here are reasons why you should really start to consider NFTs and pay more attention to them:
- NFTs are creating a global market that has seen a growth of $15.70 Billion from 2017 to 2021 with a huge potential to grow more.
- Play-to-earn games have now been made easier than it ever was thanks to NFT. During the lockdown back in 2020, citizens of the Philippines were making enough money from these NFT play-to-earn games.
- It might seem like a hard concept to understand but NFT now makes it easy for digital ownership of assets and intellectual property. This could easily help to minimize cyber and IP crimes.
- People can now easily use NFTs to represent real-life assets. Companies could create an NFT that represents a share of their stock and whoever buys and owns the NFT, owns a share in the company and could decide to trade it for exchange.
- NFTs open the door for new careers and learning opportunities for the entire population of planet earth and even more, a chance to earn for anyone.
The list could go on but the goal is to drive home the message of DON’T SLEEP, WAKE UP, don’t dismiss NFT, and pay a little more attention to it (if you don’t already).